I wasn't there a the time - and neither were many of you - but I'm getting a sense of what it must have been like in pre-nazi Germany when Hitler began to make his moves. I can already see the repuglycons goose-stepping to Herr T-Rumps cadence - as many of us can. There is a distant overtone of hostility in the atmosphere, laced with the stench of dishonesty and unnecessary aggression - not just on the part of T-rump's henchmen, but on the part of the "Doves" - the peacemakers, who are furious at the bullying, trickery, lies and deceit - the usurpation of rights by a regime gone mad - drunk with power.
But this didn't just happen overnight - it was years in the making - the repuglycons have been building this monster for decades - and under each new repuglycon president it got just a little more lethal and negative, until here are - with their own frankenstinan monster walking amongst us, big as life and twice as ugly.
Starting in the 60's, with the jumping ship of the original Democrats who were pissed off at Lyndon B. Johnson for passing both the Voting Rights act and the Civil Rights Act, the racists originally sought to punish him by crossing party lines, registering as Republicans (they were the good guys back then), and using their power to vote him out of office. That plan failed, but what they were able to do was to force him into the VietNam undeclared war - detracting from his efforts to fully establish a Great Society. They have never forgiven him for Medicaid and Medicare, expanding the Social Security laws, providing funds for education for those of us who were financially in need.
After Johnson's second term (he came into office after the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy on November 22, 1963), and was re-elected; the Republycons (no longer Republicans - that honorable term should only be used in reference to Lincoln's Republican party - it really died in the 60's), the first of the long line of heinous Presidents took office and tried to dismantle, or thwart whatever good Johnson (aka LBJ) had done - almost literally stopping the Great Society dead in its tracks.
The president who presided over that era was Richard "Tricky Dick" Nixon - who systematically took America down the toilet while he himself descended into madness - impeached for it - replaced by an even more incompetent version in the personage of Gerald Ford (his wife Betty founded the Betty Ford Clinic for Drug Abuse - being married to him drove her to self medicate). However, prior to Ford being the Vice President, an even worse megalomaniac, Spiro T. Agnew from Baltimore, and racist to the core - was a heart beat away from the presidency. He had on more than one occasion audibly referred to Black people as "n-gg-rs." And while we were demanding he be kicked out as being totally unfit to serve in that capacity, his own karmic wrongdoings caught up with him, and he was forced out. Gerald Ford took his place - Saturday Night Live had a field day with him because he couldn't walk a straight line without tripping over something - often his own feet - LOL). Later, Nixon was forced out - remember WATER GATE?"
Then you had Reagan - and his trickle on theory - wealth would trickle down to the less fortunate - so instead of supporting those who are less fortunate, let's support the wealthy, and their profits would then trickle down to those who needed it most - laughable - but what would you expect from a grade D actor who had to read cue cards to make an intelligent statement? Those who lived through that know how that turned out - yet the ignorant media propagandists had the audacity to say he was the "great communicator" - laughably pathetic - this was also the beginning of the end of the integrity of the 4th estate.
Then we got Bushwacker I - former head of the CIA - now who in their right mind would elect the head of the CIA president of the US? Delusional, and by this time dis-educated Americans - because by this time, starting with the Nixon regime, education was taking major hits - Civics were among the first to go, followed by the arts - math and science were replaced by something called natural sciences, and food in the cafeteria begin to degenerate to prefabricated products. It was Nixon who called Tomato Catsup a nutritional meal when parents began to complain about the lack of quality of school meals. What they should have been noticing was the replacement of scholarly books and materials by hackneyed rewrites - teachers with real educations and qualifications were discouraged because they could not get paid equitable salaries for working in the school system. School hours were deliberately reduced, and thanks to a few from the lunatic fringe, Prayers were no longer allowed in the schools, discipline went out the window, and corporal punishment became "child abuse." And, in case you didn't notice, under the repuglycon regime, the rise in drugs was like a tsunami in the Black communities - while vocational education became a thing of the past.
They built this infrastructure to ignorance and the quasi-dictatorship we are currently facing brick by brick. The last Bushwcker II was just the icing on the proverbial cake - he came so close to wrecking the entire country, they couldn't wait to get him out of office - from bogus weapons of mass destruction, to Katrina, to the mortgage meltdown that saw millions lose their homes as his banker and Wall Street friends were literally getting away with murder!!
Americans, badly in need of a real man and savior elected Barack Obama. And the brother did not disappoint. However we are not going to go into all the wonderful things Obama was able to accomplish during is presidency - if you don't know it by now, you might want to take a picture, because you now have the beast to end all beast - and I'm not over exaggerating this - Drumpf - aka T-Rump - straight from the soil of Nazi Germany, brought to you via the machinations of greed, international intrigue via Russia, and ignorance on that part of America that has been most seriously deprived over the past 30 years of a decent education (hereinafter known as Rednecks). America has now digested enough reality TV, garbage movies, and sensationalistic demeaning videos that they no longer have a moral compasss to give them direction. They can now watch a person eviscerated on TV or in person and not flinch. They can now shoot someone down in cold blood and rationalize it. It is interesting how far down we've gone in terms of our humanity, while calling it freedom and innovation.
Well, Frankenstein's grandson is in the White House and the village is scared to death. While those who support him nervously try to keep him in the confines of their control, they know that it's only a matter of time before he breaks loose and starts running amok, destroying everything in his sight. They really think they can make deals with the devil and not reap the punishment; that they can go unscathed.
The repuglycons can be equated with Nazis who followed and supported Hitler - their culpability is everywhere. The "silenced" Senator Elizabeth Warren because she read Coretta Scott King's denouncement of Sessions. There is supposed to be freedom of Speech in this country - and if they had taken a Civics Class - oh, but wait!!! Civics isn't taught in the schools any more - so Paul Ryan probably never had to take it, and Mitch McConnell is hoping no one but himself remembers it so he can continue getting away with these egregious acts.
The repuglycons think they can continue getting away with this fly in the face of Americans behavior - but are apprehensive that this might backfire horribly - and if we have anything to do with it as Americans, it most definitely will. January 21 wasn't just a protest, it was a harbinger of things to come. Americans are not just angry, they're livid and that means there will be a reckoning. People are not just going to sit and wait to watch what's gonna happen next. This is a different era - they've wakened the slumbering American - those guys who fought for this country in 1776 and 1861-5; those people who went to war in the 40's to make the world safe for democracy. Their children and grand children and great grand children, who had kind of taken for granted that things would settle down are beginning to realize that
"The world won't get no better if we just let it be. We've got to change the world - just you and me." (GAMBLE AND HUFF FROM "WAKE UP EVERYBODY").
Now for those of my people who think this kind of insanity is new, let me disabuse you of that illusion - it's not the first time America has hot herself in the foot - though it's probably the first time it backfired so badly. It goes with the territory of racism and delusions of white supremacy. When Thurgood Marshall became the first and only Black supreme court justice and handed down so many wonderful rulings; they just had to get back at us by putting in Uncle Thomas Clarence - the direct antithesis of all that Marshall stood for - over our protests. And like the suck up he is, Thomas has more than fulfilled their every expectations.
After Mayor Dinkins was the first Black mayor of New York, we got Rude Rudy Giuliani - just one step away from mafia as the mayor to follow him him - and he rode roughshod over Black communities - this when the escalation in police shootings began in New York City. He actually tried to extract some sort of vicarious heroism after the World Trade Center attack - but everyone called him Il Duce after the Italian dictator - New Yorkers were smart enough to make sure he did not get a second term.
Perhaps the greatest President in modern times, Barack Obama really did make America great again, after the mess Bushwacker II had made. He was up against some seriously racist odds - and he never lost his cool, balanced the budget, created millions of jobs, helped people regain their homes - all the while the treasonous repuglycons were doing their best to block him at every turn. He would have been even more effective if Americans - Black and white - had not relaxed their vigilance and responsibilities an consistently voted so that he would have had the majority he needed to do even greater things. But no!! - However, that did not stop him from moving forward.
Now, in retaliation for all the good Obama has done, we have the anti-christ. Somebody had better see, recognize and understand the pattern in all this. There is a line in Beloved where the women come together to PRAY THE DEVIL BACK TO HELL - well that's exactly what needs to be done now in the case of T-rump. But more than prayer, we have to pledge to never drop the ball again, never take our right and responsibility to vote for granted ever again; and to get back to learning and understanding our history so that we don't continue repeating it stupidly over and over and over again. GDE
One of my sister bloggers sent me this statement from Bernice Albertine King, daughter of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Coretta Scott King - it was originally shared on Facebook. I'm sharing it here, with my commentaries in red:
Martin Luther King’s widow, Coretta Scott King, died in 2006 at age 78,
but the letter she penned objecting to Sen. Jeff Sessions’ 1986 nomination
for a judgeship has found new life eleven years later. Her ever-pertinent words
form a haunting bridge between the questionable cast of characters the 45th
president has welcomed to the White House and the very real civil rights
struggle of the nation’s recent past.
Republicans don’t like remembering those “uncomfortable parts” of Bllack
history — and Sessions’ ugly past — so much so that they’re willing to censor
and attack anyone who seeks to memorialize it.
Bernice King took to Facebook to celebrate the reading of her mother’s letter by
male Senators but was very angry at Mitch McConnell’s uncalled-for silencing of
Sen. Elizabeth Warren. “Glad my mom’s words were finally read at #Sessionshearing
s the time to defeat patriarchism and #letlizspeak” wrote Bernice on Facebook.
Now, as her mother’s words carry across the internet, King’s daughter is
pushing forward an agenda for American’s to defeat the president’s hate regime.
Bernice King posted the following 10 steps to resist the current regime on her
“Be A King” Facebook page (follow it if you haven’t already).
The post was originally written by J. Jerrald Hayes.
- Use his name sparingly so as not to detract from the issues. I believe thateveryone, regardless of their beliefs, deserves the dignity of being calledby their name. However, this is a strategic tactic. While we are so focusedon him we are prone to neglect the questionable policies that threaten freedom,justice and fairness advanced by the administration.If you will recall, I have on more than one occasion, prior to the election, warned youabout giving him free publicity. To help you out, here are some alternative names“45” - referring to the 45th presidency; OFF (for Orange faced fool); predator-in chieffor his predatory tactics; Oaf in Office; trumpenstein; drumpf, etc.
- Remember this is a regime and he’s not acting alone;the repuglycons (reprehensible+ugly+con artists = republyconsAnd remember, they're not just in DC, they're mayors, governors, etc – you have to watch your back, watch your communities, watch your children -
- Do not argue with those who support him and his policies–it doesn’t work;But also do not allow them to walk over you or your rights – make sure you don't co-signtheir madness or their ignorance – while you may have leviathan in office, you still have rights.Stand up for them. And if you disagree with them, please don't hold your tongue under a mistaken peace at any price concept. Your children are watching - you can disagree without being disagreeable; something they (T-Rump's people) may not have learned. Of course, if you're under physical threat, then, by all means, let it slide.
4. Focus on his policies, not his appearance and mental state; Keep your message positive; those who oppose peace and justice want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow;
Maybe, but if you know that you have a schizophrenic in office who is making policies
based on his illness, you might just want to have him step down now – you cannot ignore
someone who is out of control – it helps no one. That individual is unfit to hold office,
and just sitting around and not dealing with the obvious is ignorant and irresponsible.
- No more helpless/hopeless talk;I quite agree – America has made this proverbial bed of nails – but we are not going tolie in it nor are we going to wallow in agony. We've got some work to do and we'vegot to roll up our sleeves – we can't sit back and throw up our hands in defeat.
- Support artists and the arts;And support our activists, and our Black elected officials, especially the CongressionalBlack Caucus, and community organizers, and those lawyers who are working to save people who came here to the land of the brave and the home of the free, who didn't marry T-Rump, so now they're in his gunsites – who have been leading peaceful, law abiding lives, working hard and raising their families and are now being put in heinous positions – not to mention those who are American citizens who work for the government, and whose very salaries are being threatened if theydon't kiss his butt.
- Be careful not to spread fake news. Check it;Stop watching Fox Faux news, Kellyanne Conway, the T-rump kids, etc.
- Take care of yourselves;Now there's a hot one for you – take care of yourselves – that's a catchall and a cop out -The advice is good as far as it goes, but we need a set of rules of our own – a means bywhich we deal with the egregious acts that he's putting in place to destroy AmericaEducationally – let's start home schooling our kids; economically – now that itlooks as if the minimum wage is not going to be elevated, how about we demandthat these stores roll back prices to reflect the roll back in the times to 300 years agoso, instead of paying $1.99 for a loaf of bread, let's demand that bread be 50 cents aloaf. Oil and gas prices should be rolled back to 75 cents a gallon. And cars should onlycost $1,000 at the most. Let's don't just use platitudes – with all that Obama has done to pull us out of the Bush crisis of 2008, T-Rump is about to take us to a whole other level. Colleges and universities should be tuition free; and rents should be rolled back to $500 a month or less – if you don't start making it felt across the board, we'll back in the day of purse grabbing and other acts as people lose more and more of their income under this OFF.
- Resist!Resist how? Resist who? Let's get some specificity. There are some interim elections before thenext presidential election. Any one running on a repuglycon ticket has to be defeate. We have tobe alert, aware and active; we have to be systematically registering people to vote – andmaking sure that we are registering Democrats. We have to make sure that people don'tnormalize the predator in chief, and at the same time develop survival skills.
11. Keep demonstrations peaceful. In the words of John Lennon, “When it gets
down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The
establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight!
Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only
thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”
12. When you post or talk about him, don’t assign his actions to him, assign
them to “The repuglycon Administration,” or “The repuglycons” This will
have several effects: the Republican legislators will either have to take
responsibility for their association with him or stand up for what some of them don’t like;
he will not get the focus of attention he craves;
13. Republican representatives will become very concerned about their re-elections.
I think that should be only half of it - their very existence in office should be threatened and in jeopardy from this point forward - and remember, they are making moves to make it impossible for Black people to vote - kind of like what they tried to do in North Carolina - you have to understand that you do not handle these miscreants with kid gloves - there is a two pronged tactic to this - legally and politically - we have to be about it!
14. In honor of King’s poignant commandments, this article does not name the 45th
president. Thinking positively, he will soon be the nation’s 45th former president, so
long as Americans
- both in positions of power and on the streets — continue to engage
- and resist his regressive agenda.I find that last statement very disturbing - about thinking positively. We all think positively; but we now have to do more than that, we have to take pro-active, protective actions for ourselves and our families; as well as those who came to our shores via legal means and are now under threat from this orange faced fool - and whose very cities are being threatened by a dictator who has vowed it is his way or the highway - with threats of cutting off federal dollars to sanctity cities because of his megalomaniacal leanings.
I looked this up on GOOGLE. Thought it might be interesting to know what it
takes to impeach a president. Under the constitution how can a sitting president be impeached?
It would be interesting to ask the repuglycons at what point does love of your country and its people become more important than political power?
How far is too far, and when does an act approach the point of egregious?
At this point, there is no viable way We The People can impeach and recall the ersatz president - at least not yet. However, according to About.com, there are 19 states that can recall their congressmen and senators if they are not acting in the best interests of their constituents: Those states are Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wisconsin. I think it well worth looking into as to whether or not this list can be expanded, as well as whether or not any of these states have repuglycons who are part and parcel of the problems we currently face. It's a beginning.
Just as the Constitution was developed by a group of conscientious men, there may need to be new guiding mandates for the 21st century for a country besot with megalomaniacs and power hungry egomaniacs.
If you have any concepts, and wish to share them - short of physical harm - please feel free to do so.
In the meantime, we have to have a way to tie a bell on the cat's tail so we can be prepared when he strikes again.
And I am sure, after this hard lesson we've learned this year, we won't get fooled again and, if we survive 4 years of t-rump, we will make sure everybody gets out and votes - knowing that it's not just about personality - or sensationalism - but principle and steadfastness.
I feel sorry for America - all this could have been avoided had the chauvinists and the racists not caused the facile minded to be persuaded that this was about the "lesser of two evils" - they didn't want a female president, and we played into their hands. Just imagine how much nicer and more positive things would have been had the others not sat on their haunches - Hillary won the popular vote, it's true - but we should have had a landslide for Hillary.
One last question - when, oh when, are they actually going to start the investigation into T-rump? I've never seen such foot dragging in my life. When John Starr started hounding President Clinton, he was relentless. Could it be that when the Democrats jumped ship and went over to the dark side, they left us with a bunch of wimps? Paper tigers? More growl than bite? Because I haven't seen anything really launched yet that shows that they are serious about making this a hollow victory for the OFF and his henchmen. What are you waiting for?
As I stated before, we have to come together, be proactive, and make sure that he does not drag us down into the toilet from which he came - there are organizations and individuals that are coming together to this end. If you are not already part of one, join one or form one - Four years is an awful long time and a lot can happen between now and then - he hasn't been in office a month yet and has managed to wreak havoc on the country. Don't wait it out - Let's get busy
NOW THAT YOU KNOW
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
Stay Blessed &