1.17.2017

GLORIA DULAN-WILSON GO FUND ME CAMPAIGN RELAUNCH 2017


-->

By Gloria Dulan-Wilson

Hello All:

I originally launched a GoFundMe Campaign in October of 2016.  38 friends and family members responded and contributed.  Thanks so much to you for your love and generosity.  Because of a shortfall, I am re-establishing the campaign.  If you can find a place in your hearts to do so, I would really appreciate it. Contributions can be as little as $20.00.  




Save my Knees & a Roof Over My Head

Hello All:    I'm Gloria Dulan-Wilson.  




Happy 2017!  
2016 was a very challenging period for me.  And I was hoping to not have it carry over into the New Year.  Most of you know me from FaceBook, and others know me via my blog, ECLECTICALLY BLACK NEWS, and still others from my many news articles in such publications as the Daily Challenge, The African Sun Times, the NY Beacon and other publications.

But what most folks don't know is that I am struggling with being able to walk for the past few years, as the result of a car accident that should have taken my life.  However, God spared me from crashing into a telephone pole.  The impact of the vehicle, which hit me from the driver's side at 50 mph, was enough to totally demolish my car, a Mercedes 380 SEL.  While I actually walked away from that wreck, seemingly unscathed, and the X-Rays showed no broken bones, the damage was already taking place, unbeknown to me, on the inside.  I eventually began to find it more and more difficult to walk without pain.  Pain pills didn't help - and there were times when I was taking as many as 12 Aleves a day.  It was discovered that I had several minor fractures and that my knees had begun to deteriorate.  I  recently underwent series of treatments, and am wearing a prescribed support brace to help with the healing of my knees - but Medicare only covers so much, so most of my savings have been devoted to that end.  

Most of you know me for my camera work and being on the scene of most of the local social and newsevents - that has now been limited  - so much so that I covered the Democratic National Convention in July 2016 from a wheel chair!  The doctors had recently begun a series of procedures that may well save my knees,  and for which I have been paying for out of my own pocket - when suddenly, in August, 2016, tragedy struck the building next to where I was living, currently live, resulting in it being demolished by the City of  Philadelphia's L & I unit. 

The  demolition process, which took two weeks to accomplish literally rocked the foundation of where I live, so much so that it has now been destabilized, and determined as uninhabitable.  I had been given two weeks to move - something for which I had not anticipated nor budgeted for.  As it turns out, the owner can be compensated, but tenants cannot.    A note was posted on my door saying that we all had to be out by October 1, 2016.  I managed to get an extension to December 10.   But finding and relocating to a decent, affordable home is bad enough; but it's really difficult when you have limited mobility and limited to no funds. And being on a fixed Social Security income, there is absolutely no stretch for any of this.   At this point, this is an emergency - and one which borders on dire.  We were forced to vacate by December 10, but not having obtained a place to live, and continuing to work  on my mobility has required that I extend my GoFundMe Campaign.  

I am so grateful to those friends who immediately responded to my campaign.  Your love and generosity will never be forgotten.  You are true treasures indeed.    However, 
the funds were not sufficient to either assist in my completing the treatment on my knees - or having a sufficient sum to relocate.  So I am re-establishing the fund, and asking for your help in going forward.  I find myself between a rock and a hard place.  I can't go forward with the treatments for my knees or my living situation without your help, love, and generosity.  Thanks to you, the funds that were initially contributed have gone towards my medical fees, but I raised less than 5% of the targeted amount.

Your friendship has meant so much to me over the years, since the deaths of my husband and my mom.  You've rallied around me and been a comfort and source of blessing.  And I truly hope I've been the same for you as well.   My gratitude and appreciation for all the love and support, encouragement and inspiration for your generosity will be everlasting.   And God the Living Spirit Almighty will bless you as well, because He has guided me to swallow my pride and open up to you what is going on in my life at this time.  


https://www.gofundme.com/save-my-knees-a-roof-over-my-head-2twxehyk

I want to thank you all in advance for your generosity and understanding.  

Stay Blessed,
Gloria Dulan-Wilson
Help spread the word!
  50  shares on Facebook
Be the first to leave a comment on this campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank YOU For Visiting Gloria Dulan-Wilson Eclectic Black People VIP Blog. We Would Like Your Views, Interests And Perspectives. Please Leave A Comment Below.