10.10.2009

Patriotic Retirement Plan

Patriotic Retirement Plan

by Gloria Dulan-Wilson

One of my Oklahoma Homies sent me this from an article in the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper on Sunday, October 4, 2009. And I thought it quite and interesting possibility. It would certainly solve a lot of my problems. And I'm willing to bet, there are quite a number of us who would have instantaneous relief.

The Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?"

My homeboy stated in transmitting this to me "I think this guy nailed it!" Check it out and see what you think.

Dear Mr. President:

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Americas Economy:

"Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the

Patriotic Retirement Plan:


There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force.

Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire: Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new American CAR: Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage:

Housing Crisis fixed.


It can't get any easier than that!

If more money is needed, have all members of Congress and their constituents pay their taxes...

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know."

I sounds good to me. Goodness knows that if he sticks a help thy neighbor clause on it, it would also mean that each one in a neighborhood would help retain the quality and standard of living, we would then be moving in the direction of creating quality circles in different neighborhoods.

Sooooo I'm circulating it. Roll it around and see what you think. Try it, you'll like it.

Stay Blessed and Eclectically Black

Gloria Dulan-Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank YOU For Visiting Gloria Dulan-Wilson Eclectic Black People VIP Blog. We Would Like Your Views, Interests And Perspectives. Please Leave A Comment Below.